Depending on your country of citizenship, you may need a visa together with a valid passport to visit Mozambique.
The general requirements for getting a visa are a valid passport (for at least another six months), a photocopy of the passport and two colour passport photos. In addition, there are specific conditions to obtain the tourist visa. Find out here what they are and how to get a visa.
Specific Requirements to Get a Visa for Mozambique
If you do need a tourist visa, you should get it before you travel by contacting the Consular Services of the Embassy of Mozambique. You’ll need to submit:
- Copy of a return flight ticket or reservation;
- A hotel booking confirmation.
How to Get a Visa for Mozambique
To apply for a tourist visa, you must submit all the above documents together with a completed and signed Visa Application form.
Here are the addresses of Mozambique Embassies and Consular Sections in Europe and the US where you can apply and get the most updated visa information:
- Mozambique High Commission in London: 21 Fitzroy Square, London W1T 6EL, United Kingdom (the Consular Section is located on the basement level), www.mozambiquehighcommission.org.uk
- Embassy of Mozambique in Brussels (for residents in Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg), Boulevard Saint-Michel 97, 1040 Brussels, Belgium, www.embassyofmozambique.be
- Embassy of Mozambique in Berlin: Stromstrasse 47, 10551 Berlin, Germany, www.embassy-of-mozambique.de
- Embassy of Mozambique in Lisbon: Rua Dom Constantino de Bragança, 24, Lisboa, Portugal
- Embassy of Mozambique in USA: 1525 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
A single visa issued on six days costs about €60, £50, or $70. It’s valid for one entry to stay up to 30 days, and must be used within two months from the emission date. A multiple entry visa is also available at an additional cost, and allows more than one entry, with 30 days being the maximum stay on each entry.